May 14, 2018

Asian Artists Agency New Generation Artists Stand Up Against Bullying


SRATS, the next generation stars of Asian Artist Agency say No to bullying.

SRATS include Aiana Juarez (online singing star and cover princess), Selena Marie (dubbed as the Ukulele Girl of YouTube and Facebook), Drei Raña (acoustic singer and PolyEast recording artist who just launched his debut single titled Ligaya), Miko and Gab (singing duo who popularized the hit song Hugot and who recently released another single, Sino Ba S’ya), Mastermind (online dance superstars and YouTube Silver Creator Awardees), and Wilbert Ross (Hashtag member and Showtime’s Kilig Ambassador). 

These young talents are banding together to stand up against bullying which is rampant online and off. 

To show their vehemence against bullying SRATS will stage a two-night mini-concert together with LA Santos at The Music Hall @ Metrowalk in Ortigas on May 19 and 26 (Saturday), 8pm. Billed SRATS (the next stars) Step Up! Stand Up! Be Better for a Better World, the show serves as a mouthpiece to voice out the teens’ solid stand against all forms of bullying. Ticket prices for the show is P500.

The show integrates the “Step Up, Stand Up” campaign that aims to promote Anti Bullying awareness in schools, campuses around the country. It strongly encourages everyone to stand together against all forms of bullying. The campaign aims to increase awareness and inspire people to act. Aside from the Anti Bullying message, the show also promotes every individual’s Power to Dream and Power to Love. It encourages the youth to never give up on their goals, to find their purpose in life, and to know that everything good is possible.

SRATS share their views on bullying and how they overcame this form of human abuse.


Wilbert says, “I felt bullied when I first came to Manila. Lumaki kasi ako sa Davao so lahat bago sa akin pagdating ko sa Maynila. Niloloko akong promdi. Of course, I got hurt but it didn’t stop me from pursuing my dream to be an artist. Di naman porke taga-probinsiya ako eh hindi ko kayang makipagsabayan sa hamon ng buhay sa Maynila. When I look back, natatawa na lang ako. I became stronger because of the unpleasant experience I had in the past.”

Miko shares an experience when their family left for Canada. “I was teased by some of my classmates because of my Cebuano accent. They couldn’t understand me when I talked. I just shrugged it off. I told myself, ‘Hey, just do your stuff. You can’t please everybody.’ They can say nasty things about me but they can’t take away my dream and my talents.”

Gab has his own take on bullying. “I was once told na mahina ako because I am naturally shy. Some people have this impression that I am submissive at laging nakasang-ayon sa sinasabi ng iba. That’s not true! I stand firm kung alam kong tama ako.”

Aiana relates, “When we moved to Canada, it took a long time before I had my own circle of friends. I was even asked when I went to class, ‘You’re not Canadian, right?’ I told the girl, ‘I’m from the Philippines. Is there a problem?’ I think you have to show people na hindi ka nila kayang takutin.”

“There was a time when a neighbor got mean. Maybe she thought no one will protect me. My parents are always out of the country. At a young age, I learned how to be independent and strong because I have to rely on myself,” Selena adds.

Drei has his own share of experiences with online bashers. “I like uploading my covers on Facebook but sometimes I am surprised to see unfriendly comments. I guess you can’t please everybody. But these comments serve as my motivations to do well. Kasi kapag pinansin ko ang mga ito, nagpatalo ako sa kanila.” 

“Marami kaming pinagdaanan ng grupo before we became Mastermind. Minamaliit kami dahil probinsiyano. May mga kantiyaw na masasakit pero ito rin ang nagsilbing inspirasyon namin para magsumikap at pagbutihin ang aming pagsasayaw,” Pao of Mastermind comments. 

For inquiries please call (02) 855-4765 or (02) 405-4423, email info@asianartistsagency.com, and visit fb.com/asianartistsagency

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world